Monday, November 26, 2007

Drama Skit After Pary

Enjoy! I am tired but this needed to be posted for the hilarious clips of Karaoke! Please enjoy. Sorry if there are any grammar/spell errors, it was a long day at work!

Anyone who has ever preformed in a play would know that there is always a cast party after the show. All the Korean teachers decided to host an after party for everyone! It was super sweet of them and it gave everyone a night to relax and have some fun!


Just as any party in Korea there are always the basic party standards: 1.6L of beer, Soju (Korean hard alcohol), weird pizza, fried chicken, mandarins, Noriban (Korean Karaoke), bad dancing, and random moments! Here is the evening a nutshell:

Massages are super popular in Korea. My trainees will randomly come up behind me and start giving me a neck massage. I am not a fan of them because literally they are painful! Even the casual gesture of hitting someone arm in Western culture (like if a friend says an inappropriate comment and you just slightly hit there arm to let them know your there) is a full on hit! The love force here! haha Here is Lyndsey enjoying the massage train!




Georgie is rocking the noriban by singing a famous Korean boy band song. haha After this photo, I proceeded to be a back up dancer with the other ladies. He is quite the crowd pleaser!




Lyndsey is being Lyndsey haha Just joking. I should really be the one in the photo because I do love beer. But yes Lyndsey and I have had our moments of drinking alcohol. In Korea, it is rude for someone to pour themselves any type of drink. So if your thirsty, you could make some sort of verbal comment suggesting how thirsty you are. Then someone has to pour you the drink. Also, you can not refuse a drink if someone offers it to you. So the main lesson learnt here is drink slowly! Always drink slowly in Korea!




So I performed my first noriban song ever! Victoria and I performed 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. Lyndsey chickened out! Grrr, if you are reading, I'll get you my pretty! hahaha But it was actually really fun and I would totally do it again!




Here is good old YYOK shaking his money maker for Victoria. Oh man, by the end of the night, YYOK was no OK haha He was super drunk but he did some brilliant noriban. This man makes me laugh. His English is really bad, but I appreciate how he tries. That is when he is not sleeping in my class!



Here is a panoramic shot of the party in action. I have no clue why Victoria is in all my photos...hmmm....maybe she is stalking me!!!




Lyndsey is pointing at YYOK and for some reason is really red in the face. Hmm, maybe she is enjoying his nice dance moves! hehe There is Sunflower again. She is pretty annoying and is constantly making these annoying kids voices. She thinks that she is being super cute but really everyone is just super annoyed!



One of the highlights of the evening was watching YYOK sing a Korean song. Honestly, I wish I would have taped this whole song. He is so funny! I died of laughter! haha This is the best Karaoke I have ever seen in my life. If you can put more passion into your singing, please prove me wrong!



Here is Phil, the head teacher and possible future husband of Lyndsey, haha (I will play 'couples manager' and hopefully make them a couple) hehe Just Joking! Phil is great and I love joking with him all the time, it makes the time pass by! Here he is singing his heart and soul out!




Here is another classic Noriban moment. Georgie, one of the guys from my class, is singing a famous boy band song! He is such a cutie and he is always saying he wants to marry a Canadian girl haha Today my group and I were talking about beauty pageants and how I was in Miss Teen Calgary. My female teachers were saying how I was beautiful and joking about how Bill, my partner teacher, is beautiful too. However, Georgie said 'no Bill is not beautiful, I think Melissa is beautiful' aww he is a cutie! He is also a boy scout leader for his school haha Anyways, enjoy the clip!



This is a really brief clip that for some reason didn't upload right. But enjoy, it's about my homeroom class enjoying the singing!




This is a traditional Korean song that was performed by a lot of the older female Korean teachers. It was nice to have some traditional Noriban hits. I had a great time this evening and you can definitely tell by my reaction at the end of the clip! I'll be updating the blog this weekend to talk about Lyndsey and I experiencing Korean night life.

No comments: