Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Who would have known where I live is famous!

So we went on a staff excursion around JETI. Little did I know there was a bunch of temples, a famous garden, and a poetry museum around the Institute. We ended up going to the Gasa Poetry Museum, which is literally a 10 minute walk down the road. I found out that the famous Gasa poetry form was created in Damyang. Weird... But yeah I guess the beauty around here is quite inspiring! This picture is in front the museum



Here are the rest of the picture followed with a brief synopsis haha I am that nice!

Lyndsey is clearly over dressed for the nice day of weather! I like how Victoria and Phil are
mocking her!













Our English speaking tour guide is telling us about the famous mountains in the area. As you can tell they really can't compare to the Canadian rockies!



Ryan, Phil, and Lyndsey were amazed by the talented little boy playing the flute on the cow!















Inside the museum, our tour guide told us that we must stop and admire the artwork before moving on in the museum. We look like pros admiring the painting!















Here I am exercising in front of the museum! Must work off all the whole milk I drank....eeee.....
















After the Gasa museum, we went over to Suwon, I think that is the correct name, haha, basically it's the famous garden where the poets lived and were truly inspired to write poetry. This beautiful garden is next to my work so I could hang out here and maybe be truly inspired to write!

Here is Victoria, Phil, and Sandra looking inspired in the pagoda!











These are scenic shots of the garden! Look how pretty it appears in Autumn. The weather is still pretty nice except at night, man it becomes chilly!














Alright now to go to work for a long day of unit planning for the elementary session! Yikes!

No comments: