Friday, November 9, 2007

Noriban - Korean Karaoke, my new love....


The international department of JETI decided that they should 'dine and wine' us, yes not 'wine and dine' us on Thursday night. Oh what a great idea to get drunk the night before we go to visit a prestigious middle school haha Anyways, the following pictures show what a typical night of what Korean partying looks like. This night was filled with the following items:




Bill, my homeroom partner for the first session, banging away on his 'drums' hehe He is a great drummer, really! Tim playing away on the electronic autoharp, I believe that is what it is called!















Sorry for the crazy photo haha but I just thought I would physically show you how much I am enjoying the party!



















The head supervisor, Mr Hong Kong Kim, of the International Department shows off his dance moves! You know it's a great party when the business men take off their suit jackets!



















The staff dancing the night away in the crazy kitchen with the industrial sized bowl of rice on the table. Yes, I do eat rice twice a day, I can't eat it for breakfast! Too much rice.....
















- Mr. Yang (one of my supervisors) who my coworkers and I get major laughs from. This guy is hilarious with his mullet and super crazy stories that really have no point to them!












- Mr. Hong Kong Kim making is his introduction speech that includes talking about coping mechanisms for the foreigners in Korea. He helped me realize that if I shop and drink Starbucks on the weekend, I will survive living in Korea!
















- lots of food including Bulgogi (wicked tasting beef that you wrap in lettuce with other veggies like a taco)


















- Tons of dancing with the Noriban machine providing the music. Some crazy 80s type dancing emerged that night!














- I like beer and drinking 1.6 L! Yes! It is the cheapest way to buy beer and if you are not finished 1.6 L in one sitting, you can always use the screw on lid to store it away. Oh Korea, what will you think of next!


















- Mr. Yang, providing his excellent singing for the Noriban machine. He was just doing his job of making us new teachers feel welcomed at JETI!




















Korean pizza with corn, sausage and a weird light pink tomato sauce...Otherwise, it tasted OK!

No comments: