Saturday, November 24, 2007

Korean Drama!

Every homeroom had to perform a skit (a one act play) for one of the project. The teachers have been working hard over the past 2 weeks preparing for this one night event. My homeroom, the Shreks, have been practicing this play non-stop. I love how devoted they are to perfecting their English. My homeroom did a tradition Korean folktale. It was brilliant and honestly the best play! This is not just my opinion but many other teachers felt the same way! Hopefully the homeroom gets first place in the skit competition! I'll let you guys know when the results are in!

Here is my group looking eager to get a final dress rehearsal on the stage. We are just leaving the main teaching centre to head to the auditorium!




Before the performance - Inside of the auditorium, everyone is waiting patiently and eying the competition! I do admit, everyone has put in a lot of effort from making costumes to set pieces! Here is Mi Jeung - striking a pose for the camera!



This is Lyndsey's homeroom class, with some students missing. Here partner teacher is Phil, who I think she will marry, but Phil does not know this yet haha I'll play 'couples manager (Korean Matchmaker)' and hopefully make them a match! Otherwise, I love making fun of Phil and he loves making fun of me!




Here is my homeroom, with my partner teacher Bill! The reason why Bill has a badminton birdy on his nose is because he played the swallow in our play. I was the director for the group. I thought it would be better for Bill to play a giant swallow! What a sexy group of teachers!!




Here is classroom one and their Christmas themed played. This class for some reason is so dead whenever I teach them. They once told that they do not like to speak because they are 'calm'. I say bullshit! Glad Ryan (with the bandanna) whipped them into shape. I don't know much about Sandra, she is just weird!!!!




Here is classroom two with Tim (in the drag) and Victoria (pink wig). They are a funky bunch and the class is full of older but determined teachers!



Here is a picture of Tim, the oldest foreign teacher and he has a PhD, in drag for his play! Man, everyone was laughing so hard!! I will never forget him in drag, ever!!





This is YYOK, the 50's man who has the poorest English level of the group. He is pretty fun in that he can be the biggest craziest drunk I have ever seen. Yet, I don't appreciate him passing out in my class while I am teaching. This makes me a bit mad!!!!



Class one performing their Santa themed play. This made me happy because I enjoy Christmas and now I am definitely in the Christmas spirit!




Here is Lucy and So Young doing a chick fight on stage to win the heart of Nolbu (Georgie's Character). I enjoy the cat-fighting choreography I threw in there! Nice!




So Young strutting her stuff like the young vixen she is in the play and in real life haha She is seducing Nolbu and trying to win his heart!




This is Georgie's creation of cartoon like comedy! When So Young pops out on to stage as the tempting lady, Georgie popped this huge hearts on to his eyes! Nice thinking Georgie!



This is Sarah, who is playing the Genie in the play. She did a great job and is so cute! I just want to pick up her and put her in my pocket hehe




Left to Right is Bo Bae, Rina, and Sarah. In this scene the Genie has given a mansion, a large corporation and Visa without a limit to the couple. There over the top acting is brilliant!



Here is Bill playing the large swallow with a broken leg! Bill did a great job and the audience loved his character!



Rina is begging for money and food from the rich couple of Lucy and Georgie. Definitely some difficult moments trying to express various emotions, but they did an excellent job!




A panoramic shot of Bo Bae, Rina, Lucy, and Georgie. Gotta love our low maintenance set!



Here is the end scene of Lyndsey's play. The rest of the photos of Lyndsey's play and the other plays did not turn out at all! Mrs. Heo, one of the supervisors running this session, kept changing the lights so at one point one of the plays was in darkness hahaha




This is Bo Bae, one of my homeroom students striking a pose for the camera. She is a hard working trainee and she is a perfectionist! She is also single and looking for a husband! I was told that it is difficult for men to woman and vice versa. A lot of Korean youth are segregated in school so it is difficult to date. So by the time they graduate high school, they are so awkward when it comes to dating. That is why they have 'couple managers' usually older people who play matchmaker. Or you could go to a certain type of nightclub were the waiters set up random customers on dates in the club. But things are now changing with younger Korean generations.




This is Lucy and Georgie. Lucy has really good English and she enjoys traveling. She has a son who is just finishing up high school and is going to college.
Georgie is hilarious! His English level is lower but he is a such a sweetheart and is really keen to marry a Canadian girl! In one of journal entries for class, he wrote about how it is his dream to go to Whistler, BC and jump from a helicopter with a snowboard. Then he wants to snowboard down the mountains on his honeymoon! hahaha I thought it was too funny! First, he should look for a girlfriend!




This is So Young and Rina. So Young is a funky lady who is single and looking for a husband hahaphenomenal and I enjoy talking to her.
Rina is a spunky lady with two children and is now 5 months pregnant with twins. Honestly, Asian woman look so skinny when they are pregnant compared to Canadian ladies! Thats for sure!




Here are the hottest instructors at JETI. On the left you have the lovely Lyndsey who enjoys baseball and wearing lululemon. On the right you the beautiful and sexy Melissa. She enjoys shopping, drinking Starbucks, and downloading English TV and music.



This a group shot of my homeroom! Aren't we just a lovely bunch? hehe I really like my students in my class and I am very happy that they are in my homeroom! By the way, I am the gal in the pink wig!

No comments: