Sunday, December 2, 2007

Korean Clubbing and Pubbing

Aww, what a crazy weekend that just passed in the magical land of South Korea. I have experienced two great days this weekend that were full of fun, shopping, Starbucks, and clubbing! Not to mention a lot of drinking. My goodness, I feel horrible right now. But don't worry, I had a pleasant day of relaxing, drinking water, eating crackers, and I was able to watch some TV (now I am finished the first season of 'Nip/tuck' and I watched the 'Corpse Bride' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man Treasure'!) So let me start with Friday night with just a few casual photos of the mayhem. Bill, Lyndsey, and I decided to head to Gwangju after working till 5pm. We caught a ride with one of my homeroom students Sarah. She is super cute like a little doll and I think she is a great Korean English teacher. Sarah and I always joke about finding husbands haha I decided to take her out for a cup of coffee and some gossiping haha Here is Bill and I on one side of the table at Starbucks. We were all chatting up a storm! It was fun to find out some little secrets about what the trainees do at night (hint hint partying)!




Here is the othe
r side of the table where Lyndsey and Sarah were sitting. As always, the conversation was mainly focused on men both in a good and a bad way. Come on we are three single ladies vs one married man, who is going to win here! Plus, it was funny to get some advice from Bill. Not that wise, but funny!



After saying goodbye to Sarah (she went home for dinner), the crew and I went to good old TGI Friday's from some knock off Western cuisine! This time I decided to eat the giant burger! Hmm tons of beef on a bun is
a good meal to me! Check out this giant pitcher of beer we order for $13 Canadian dollars! Sweet. Bill acting as our model!



Here is the after
shot of the meal and the remainder of the beer. Now, I wonder who is behind the pitcher! hahaha I feel slightly silly because on Saturday little did I know that we would go out to eat at this restaurant again with Victory and Phil. I should just quit my job at JETI and work at TGI Fridays!!!




At Shinsegae (the giant fan
cy shopping mall attached to the bus terminal and E Mart) there was a giant Christmas display! This made me happy because I do enjoy Christmas the fun little things that go with Christmas! So here is a shot of this hilarious house decorated with bagels! Hmm, I thought about stealing one to eat!




This is my S
ears model like pose by the giant gingerbread bagel house! There is Santa climbing in the background. I wonder what he will bring me for Christmas......maybe a really hot boyfriend! haha If not, some new clothes and a puppy dog would be awesome!




Saturday Night - After another delicious (somewhat) dinner at TGI Fridays with Victoria, Phil, Lyndsey and I.
So Phil decided to introduce us to a girl named Andrea who has lived in Korea for many years. She is a super funky girl with a wicked apartment and a tiny little German Greyhound. She had a nice big party with a bunch of foreign teachers. It was great to meet a variety of teachers from around Gwangju. I didn't take any photos during the house party because I was too busy talking and making some new acquaintances. Plus, there was another really cute dog there who I was playing with! hehehe So after partying up a storm, some of the girl decided that we should go to the foreigner's bar 'the Speakeasy' (not the strip club in Calgary). So about 15 of us headed over there and now is where the photos start!

There was a girl named
Chamile there who was celebrating her birthday. She was pretty nice and gave us some mandarins! Sweet! Victoria and her were chatting up a storm about how to play the clarinet!



Lyndsey and Victoria are dancing up a storm and Lyndsey with the men! My goodness, I haven't seen her have this much fun ever in Korea till this night! She just was a dancing machine! What a bold lady!


Here is a scenic show of the stage area of the dance floor. You can see Lyndsey's head beside the Filipino guy who she danced with. That man had some crazy moves but he was definitely not my type at all!



Here is just a random shot of me. I do admit, I look pretty good for a gal who drank some Whiskey and beer. Ekkk! I definitely was reminded the next morning to stay away from Whiskey. Man I can't handle it!



Here is the dart game Lyndsey and I were having. As you can tell I have no clue how to check track of points haha Instead we just tossed around the darts for fun! I should be a model! Look how good I make darts look!



This is a close up of the dart action at the beginning of the game. Yes, I have no clue how to keep track of points in darts! whoops!



This is Matt, he is a friend of Phils (they play soccer together for fun). Matt is hilarious and is a fellow Canadian! He is a cool guy and we are all going to hangout together again! Plus he showed us the tattoo of a smiling face on his nipple haha



Another scenic shot of the 'speakeasy'! It is the foreigner's bar and lots of Koreans go there as well. I don't mind it all cause there is English music that I like!



Lyndsey looks pretty sweet and is taking one for the team here! Man we were all pretty sweaty and nasty by the end of the night! Thank goodness I have the camera haha so no one can see how nasty I look!



This guy, well I don't remember much about him. He had a fun accent and was with Chamile. He showed us how to do the scoring for darts later in the night! I honestly forget ever word he said! whoops!




Random Moments at Vanilla Night club (Sorry no photos but some great stories)
Here are some random point form things I have noticed at Korean nightclubs (specifically Vanilla nightclub the past two times I have gone there):

- Koreans love hip hop and hip hop clothes. Lots of people were wearing full on early 90s NY style clothes. Big baggy sweaters, the half turned NY Yankees hats, high top shoes, and so on! Definitely no sex appeal when everyone looks like they are from a Kris Kross music video!

- At 2:40am, around then, the DJ stopped the music and made an announcement. All the Korean club goers immediately sat on the floor and faced the stage. Then proceeded to watch a strip/dance off. The weirdest thing is that everyone sat literally on the floor. So weird!


- there are lockers at the club so just dropped off your personal items and do not worry what so ever!

- bottle of Corona beer is $7 Canadian! Yikes!

- Korean guys that will literally wear the same outfit. I saw 4 guys with identical outfits. They then proceeded to dance this crazy box step dance in perfect harmony with each other!

- Lots of robotic dancing! Many girls just standing around swaying from side to side! Unlike, the foreigners who dance like backup dancers from a Britney Spears/Justin Timberlake music video (hehe I am guilty)!!!!

Alright, I am off to go do more work because hey that is what Korea is all about!!!

No comments: