Thursday, December 13, 2007

Elementary Goodbye Party! What a night!

Well my first workshop has just recently come to an end. It was a good month of teaching elementary school teachers. Despite the language barrier at times, we sure had a blast! Elementary teachers sure are cheery that is for sure! So we had the official going away party the night before the closing ceremony. The party consisted of an awards portion which had a variety of awards such as 'best actor' for the skits and 'most improved trainee'. This shot I took is from the awards podium just like the celebrities do at the Oscars ahaha



Here is me opening my gift from my trainees. Bill and I got matching scarfs in the color of homeroom -green- it was great! This is a picture of my new haircut and color! My nose looks so big in this photo!





Here is me modeling the new scarf with my super Asian pose hehe I like how my supervisor is watching me and clapping. Everyone got super drunk that night. I bought a bottle of Vodka to my table to share with my trainees. A lot of the girls have never had Vodka before which was shocking. So I made them Vodka and berry juice drinks all night long. hehe After this night, I am laying off the alcohol for a while because I was super hungover the next day.




Here is my homeroom class for one last pose! They were a lot of fun at the going away party. We did a lot of dancing and singing. Lyndsey and I sang '2 become 1' by the Spice Girls haha It was so funny! I get nervous because when the foreigners sing, all the Korean trainees are so interested! They dance around us and clap to the beat!



The trainees were playing a drinking game with chopsticks and counting. I have never seen this before. So someone starts at the pointer (the person who is it) and together as a group you chant a Korean saying. Everyone will move their chopsticks to random people while chanting. Then when the chant is over, the person's (who is it) chopstick's where ever they are pointing at selects that person to drink. It is brutal. The person who just drank is the new person who is it! I hope that made sense! I didn't participate in this game because that is too much drinking for me!





Here is a photo of JS, Ryan, and I just being plain silly. Ryan always makes funny faces in all the photos. JS is very drunk here which is very common for Korean men. No jokes! It is pretty interesting because all Korean men I have come across love drinking alcohol. Always. At every meal, minus breakfast occasionally. I couldn't be bothered. I decided to stick with my Starbucks addiction because it is worth my money!





Here is So Young (the girl pointing), Bo Bae, Sarah, and Georgie doing some Korean rap. I just love the enthuasium. Koreans love rap and hip hop music. I think Korean rap is funny even though I have no idea what they are saying. I just dance to the beat.




Here is the final photo the following day after this crazy night of partying. I was in bed by 11pm because well I drank way too much. However, I did hear that many of the teachers partied until 4am. Yikes. I don' know how they do it. I really do not! Overall, it was a good experience teaching Korean elementary teachers. They were fun and eager to learn new methods and activities. That made me happy!


No comments: